Tuesday 19 August 2014

A welcome home and more Birthday celebrations.

Today has been a busy day! I was hoping upon hope that Sophie wouldn't be called into work, and luckily she wasn't. It meant that I could get on with cleaning the upstairs of the house and packing our suitcases which took up most of the morning.

Keith and I also sorted all the paperwork out for the holiday and I remembered, with some fondness, of when travel companies would post out tickets about six weeks before you travelled. Now, we have reams and reams of emails and e-tickets which we have to print off ourselves! Travelling to the US is not the easiest journey in the world, either, with the ESTA we have to complete, the Advanced Passenger Information and the slight worry I always have now of being questioned by Immigration again!

We gathered up all the paperwork (airport hotel booking, car hire confirmation, travel insurance documents) and made sure they were all stowed safely in the hand luggage. I dreaded forgetting anything and to be honest I think I'll only truly be able to relax when we've arrived at our holiday home!

In the afternoon, Sophie managed to get an appointment to have her nails done so I drove her there and sat in the salon while she was being seen to. The salon was having the large front windows at the front of the shop replaced so that provided an hour's entertainment!

Back at home with most things done that needed to be completed, we relaxed for a couple of hours before Mikey texted me to say he was home. We raced off to Northampton in the rush hour traffic and picked him before speeding back home so I could get ready to go and celebrate my friend Lynda's 60th Birthday in the evening.

Keith drove me to her house and we had a couple of glasses of Champagne before making our way to the Oriental Paradise restaurant in Billing, which is only five minutes away. There were eight of us celebrating in total and we had a lovely time. We all ate far too much and had a few glasses of wine and Lynda enjoyed herself immensely! At the end of the meal we had a beautiful cake in the shape of 60 that Lynda's friend Norma had made for her. Delicious!

The Birthday girl and Andrea


No comments: