Sunday 3 August 2014

Return of the sun

Today has seen a return to blue skies and sunshine. Keith and I had to go to Booker this morning to get some stuff for work, but once that was out of the way Keith went off for a walk around the Nature Reserve while I mowed the lawn and tidied up the garden. Although it's been sunny today it certainly hasn't been as hot as it was last week.

Mikey went off to Brixworth to see his friends so we had a very quiet afternoon. I had a look at my Family Tree to see if I could find any more Great Uncles who had fought in the First World War. It's the anniversary of the start of the war tomorrow and the news is full of the commemorations at the moment. I have a Great Grandfather who fought in the war but thankfully (for me!) he came back to have my Grandmother.

In the evening we had a roast dinner for the first time in ages - we've got out of the habit lately with the hot weather and it was a real treat for Keith to make a traditional dinner. Afterwards we watched the Closing Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games - can we have just a bit of a rest from sport for a while now?!

No comments: