Monday 11 August 2014

Manic Monday!

Today has been my Dad's birthday but we had to do the cleaning first thing at work as our cleaner was having a day off - it really should have been my father staying at home and relaxing! After we'd finished he opened his cards and presents and when I went off to the bank I bought him a cake that we all enjoyed in the afternoon with a cup of tea.

Although the weather was dry and sunny first thing, we had a wave of showers in the afternoon that meant we were busy, which was great. We also had two parties in the evening so it was a bit of a late finish for Sophie and me, but the hours are speeding past now and our holiday is getting nearer!

After work we headed home and I took Keith to the pub. As it had been a long and busy day I stayed for one drink and then left him and Dave to their manly chat. Just as I got into the car we heard a clap of thunder and then the heavens opened! I drove home through sheets of rain and stayed in the car for a few minutes until it abated a little!

No comments: