Wednesday 6 August 2014

What a day!

I was a bit dismayed to receive a phone call this morning from Booker saying that our delivery was going to be very late as the lorry had broken down... Of course, today was the day when we needed the order really urgently! In the end we had to send Dad to the branch to get some really urgent items (chips, baked beans, tuna) and eventually the order was delivered at 3.30pm!

We've seen a return to the hot, humid weather today and this afternoon has been really warm. I didn't venture out of the office much and by 4pm I was more than ready to head for home. Mikey was somewhere in Moulton so we drove through the village looking out for him and then called into one of the shops so Sophie could buy some nibbles as she was seeing her friends this evening. The shop didn't have what she wanted so we popped to the garage and I filled up with diesel. Just as I was about to use the pump my phone rang and it was Mikey to say he was at work. I'm so glad I didn't drive all the way home and then have to go back again like the other week!

Keith and I had decided to have fish and chips for dinner but we called into the pub in Old first for just one drink. It was great to sit and relax for a little while before we drove to Broughton, picked up our supper and then headed home again. I just had time to sit and digest my dinner before it was time to drive Sophie back to Moulton!

Back home again I sat and watched the first episode of Great British Bakeoff which has made a return to our screens. We'd arranged to pick Sophie up at 11pm and by the time we eventually returned home I was more than ready for my bed!

No comments: