Wednesday 20 August 2014

A helping hand!

It's been another busy day and I was up early ironing all of Mikey's clothes while Keith spent the morning at the hospital doing his research thingy. Last night Keith had put on multiple washes so I faced a large pile of tee-shirts and shirts that needed pressing. His army stuff can wait until we get back!

Late morning we called in to see Mum and Dad at work to help them with a little problem and then we popped into Tesco to buy lunch and dinner for tonight. As it was a Wednesday and it's what we normally do, it seemed only right! I'm just hoping that's the last time I have to go to that particular Tesco in a while!

When we got home, to my delight, I discovered that Sophie had hoovered downstairs, put all my bedding back on my bed and packed Mikey's suitcase! It meant that we could indulge in a little Desperate Housewives after lunch before Keith and I embarked on a quick walk over the fields later in the afternoon.

After our breezy walk we popped to the pub for a quick drink, mainly to talk about plans for tomorrow and to make sure we had both packed everything we needed. It was very pleasant as usual and it was lovely to sit and talk about the forthcoming holiday. Sometimes this can be the best bit!

No comments: