Thursday 29 December 2011

Well, it's over...

...And we're home safe and sound.

We were all up early this morning and out of the villa by 8.30am which was a good thing as we had a slight hiccup with finding out where to leave Lump. We naturally headed for Departures at the airport when really we should have gone to Arrivals where we picked her up. We almost (and I say almost) left her in a completely different terminal altogether, which would have been fun when we came to hand the keys in! At one point I did wonder how many circuits of the airport we were going to do by the time we found the right place!

As we were early we grabbed a coffee and a pastry for breakfast before checking in at 10am. I was then able to sneak onto the internet to update this and catch up with...nothing at all really!!

Our flight left a few minutes early but the pilot warned us we had a head wind so it took us a bit longer to get home. I put a pair of earphones in and just switched off for almost the whole flight, listening with a lot of pleasure to some favourite music, namely Talk Talk, The Psychedelic Furs and some vintage U2. This meant I didn't have to listen to the two year old near us who screamed every time the seatbelt light went on and obviously didn't want to sit in her seat! I'm so glad I wasn't her mother!

Landing at Birmingham at 5.30pm was a return to earth with a bump in more ways than one! It was cold and windy and dad wasn't there to meet us! Typical me, I started to worry and imagine all sorts of horrors, but the reality was that he hadn't left home until 5.30 himself as he thought we weren't going to land until almost six!

I drove his car home and let me tell you, the M6 was not pleasant! What a rude awakening! Mum was at our house to greet us and when they left the kids literally tore all the wrapping off the presents we left behind. The house was in uproar! Luckily we managed to get a table at the local pub so we went there for a quick meal and then it was home to survey the cases, the mess and the stack of mail!



PS...I've updated the blog with lots of photos and some weblinks and also added some more stuff that I forgot about (like Mikey's haircut!).

Marina Rubicon 

Galeria Bar 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really loved reading about your holiday Jane, it was brilliant. Glad you all had a great time. Cherylx

Janie said...

Thank you very much Cheryl! I've enjoyed writing it so much and it'll be great to look back on in the future! xxx