Friday 30 December 2011

Back to reality

Today has passed in a blur of washing, unpacking and shopping, all the while accompanied by the steady fall of rain out of a grey and gloomy sky. What a welcome home! I've realised that although it's wonderful to escape the cold and grey in warmer climes, it's a nasty shock coming back to it! At least in the summer there's some hope of sun and warmth when you get home!

I woke up late which was a surprise as I never slept in while in Lanzarote. I can't even blame the time difference as there wasn't one! It took a while to get going and I resisted for a few hours but we had to go and do some shopping and the scattered cases blocking up the rooms was not a good look!

It's amazing how quickly a holiday can be dismantled and put away. Within a couple of hours the luggage had all gone and everything tidied up, the only clue that we'd been away the piles of colour-coded washing waiting to be loaded into the machine and the huge ironing basket...oh, and our tans which look really strange and certainly not natural! I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb in Tesco's this afternoon among all the pale faces!

 It was back to our normal routine in the evening. Keith went to the pub to deliver the cigarettes and to catch up with the gossip, of which there was a bit, for once!

No comments: