Thursday 8 December 2011

Stealing time

When I was about 8 or 9 I went to see "The Slipper and the Rose" which was a version of Cinderella. To enable Cinders to go to the Ball with her prince, her Godmother stole a bit of magic and today I feel like I've stolen a bit of time. If I had a choice I'd always go for having more time rather than having more money as there's never enough hours in the day!

December is racing by and this time next week we'll be in Lanzarote, where we'll be celebrating Christmas. It's therefore very important that I get everything done before I go and I have to admit to being a bit manic over the last few days! Getting ready for a holiday is always a busy time and preparing for Christmas at the same time has been a bit of a challenge!

Sophie was working again tonight but this time I went home as I had so much to do. I walked straight in and rather than sitting down and relaxing, I put up the Christmas tree in the living room. The white one, which will stand in the conservatory, will be left for the children to do. Outside it suddenly became very stormy with lashing rain and very strong winds and I hoped that by the time it came to collect Sophie it would have calmed down a bit. I didn't fancy driving into Northampton in weather like that!

With the hour and a bit I had to spare I was able to put up the tree and decorate it, give the downstairs a good hoover and wrap a couple of presents. When I got back home (the weather had calmed down) I finished all my wrapping so I was rather pleased with myself. It means a few less jobs to do this weekend!

No comments: