Wednesday 14 December 2011

Time flies!

Today has flown by! I've been very busy, admittedly, but there just wasn't enough hours in the day! It's been my last day at work and as mum and dad weren't in I tried to get as much done as I could to make life a bit easier for them as tomorrow is due to be a bit manic at work! The day we had off yesterday certainly made its mark as I had a load of paperwork to catch up with as well as going off and getting a couple more presents for the Christmas party we have on tomorrow.

Even though it's 11 days until Christmas, the wholesalers were very subtly taking away some of the seasonal goods, no doubt to make way for Valentines Day tat, Easter bunnies and all things Spring!

After work, I dashed out to take Sophie to a doctor's appointment in the village of Guislborough which is a good 20 minutes drive away. The countryside was looking beautiful, with all the trees and houses silhouetted against a gorgeous deep blue sky. I could smell log fires and some of the houses were festooned with Christmas lights and I felt a sudden pang that we were flying out to warmer climes and I would miss that lovely frosty weather and pretty landscape... But with the weather set to get stormy and very wet again at the end of the week I think maybe we're in the right place after all!

No comments: