Saturday 3 December 2011

Busy, busy!

The time has flown today! After I took Sophie into work I went down to Halfords and bought some car shampoo and polish, not only for my new car, but for the Passat as well, as she's very dirty and cleaning cars is not really Keith's thing!

Back home I washed both cars and polished the Audi which shone beautifully. I wonder how long this will last! Last week I did 500 miles in her which will have to stop! I also earned myself a speeding fine from the trip down to Kent last Sunday. I was clocked doing 81mph on the motorway, which I really don't consider excessive. I'm hoping I'll be eligible for a Speed Awareness course so will therefore escape three points on my licence, which I only renewed in August! The ironic thing is, I've slowed down a lot when driving over the past couple of years so it's typical I get done now!

After picking Sophie up from work we went onto the internet so she could apply for a couple of courses at college next year. Ultimately she wants to be a make-up artist so she has to do a two year Beauty Therapy course before going onto a degree in Media Make-up. I can't wait for her to practise on me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,

Sorry you got caught speeding.My hubby got caught the other week doing 36 mph in a forty zone.He opted for the three points and a £60 fine rather than have to sit at the naughty school for nearly four hours and a £90 fine.He has been point free for a number of years but is now collecting them again.Hope you get the outcome you want...

Wendy

Janie said...

Thank you Wendy. The last time I had any points was back in 2001 when I was caught doing 86 in a 60mph zone...

I've been points free since then and have just had my licence renewed with the three points taken off. Don't really fancy them being on there again for another 10 years!