Friday 14 January 2011

Thursday 13 January

Today was spent in Kent, seeing Nan and visiting my uncle who's in hospital. We had a very good journey down, had a quick coffee and then took Nan shopping and to the bank. I managed to put myself back into my son's good books by buying him a game for his Playstation...we'd ordered what we thought was a game from Amazon but when it arrived it was a guide to the game! Oh dear! Keith told me what happened when I phoned him so I went into one of the games shops and managed to get a "pre-owned" one for a very good price. Phew! Disaster averted!

We were too busy to go and look at the church I wanted to visit (for family tree purposes) so we'll leave that for our next visit. Nan told us some funny stories of when she was growing up and it's great how researching the family tree has had such a positive effect on her, bringing back lots of memories and giving her a chance to talk about the past.

Our journey home was fine, despite the heavy rain and huge lorries everywhere!

No comments: