Thursday 20 January 2011

Getting things done!

Today has been another good day - nothing spectacular happened, it was just...enjoyable! Keith came into work with me while Mum and Dad had the day off and we bought our theme park tickets for Florida as well as organising our travel insurance. I'm glad that's been sorted as the holiday is getting closer!

I called Nick at Duncan's shop and asked him to put the Chenin Blanc by for me, which I'll pick up on the day of the wine tasting. It seems ages since we last met up for any wine appreciation, although technically we were all together (at one point) on New Year's Eve. We also booked a restaurant for Mikey's birthday next week so it's been a good day for getting things done.

The weather has been great again - lots of blue sky and a spectacular sunset on the way home from work. If I saw the colours on a photograph or painting I'd have thought they'd been artificially touched up, but nature was at its beautiful best this evening - a symphony of pinks, peaches and subtle greys and blues. Gorgeous!

At home I had an indulgent couple of hours catching up on programmes I'd recorded, such as Simon King's Shetland Diaries and the last episode of the very informative and interesting Edwardian Farm. Needless to say I had a glass of very delicious wine to keep me company!

No comments: