Wednesday 26 January 2011

Birthday celebrations.

Today has been Mikey's birthday so we had a lovely half hour opening presents and cards this morning before it was time to get ready for school and work. The day passed very quickly and again, I managed to get a lot of things done. I also booked a big family celebration I'm organising in February and paid a deposit for the meal. There will be eighteen of us meeting up at a restaurant in Kent, the first time we've all been together since my Grandmother died in 2007. This is my dad's side of the family and we're scattered all over the country so I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.

After work, Mum and Dad popped around for a cup of tea and a slice of birthday cake and then we all met up again at The Mandarin Buffet in Northampton to celebrate Mikey's Birthday. As expected, the children loved the restaurant and couldn't believe how many choices there were available. They particularly enjoyed the desserts and Mikey was overjoyed when a waiter brought out a Black Forest gateau for him with a candle! He was even allowed to take it home so a great time was had by all. The food was very good and the service excellent and I suspect Sophie will want to come back when it's her birthday!

Today has been a lot colder than of late with a freezing wind blowing in from the east. I'm not sure whether we're going to get any more snow - something we really don't want at the moment!

No comments: