Monday 17 January 2011

Simple pleasures...

My working life has been pretty stressful lately so it's always a relief to get home in the evening and enjoy some simple pleasures which, on the whole, are free. I'll be really glad when this month is over and things will settle down so, to keep positive and try and relax, I just keep thinking about all the little things I love to do:

Jumping into a warm soapy bath and chatting to Keith about what we've been doing during the day. If he brings me up a glass of wine, then so much the better!

Sitting on the bed after my bath and watching Escape to the Country or A Place in the Sun - Home or Away.

Playing a game of cards with Keith (and the children, too, if they decide to join in). While he shuffles the pack I do the daily crossword.

Going out for a long walk and leaving my mobile at home.

A beautiful sunny day.

The peace and quiet on a Friday night when the rest of the family is in bed and I can watch a film knowing it's the weekend.


A really good book.

A full night's deep uninterrupted sleep.

Looking at old photos, especially of holidays.

Pottering about in the garden when the weather's fine.


Breakfast in our sunny conservatory, the weekend newspapers and a pot of coffee.


The first warm days of Spring which make me feel full of energy. I'm looking forward to those!

 My hope is that this year has far more simple pleasures than stresses!


No comments: