Saturday 22 January 2011

False alarm!

My weekend didn't get off to a very good start when I was woken by the phone this morning. Keith came upstairs to tell me that mum had been on the phone to say that our weekend receptionist was feeling ill, and even though she was at work, she wasn't sure if she could last the day...

I jumped straight into the shower but happily for me, Jenny felt a lot better and I didn't have to go in. Sophie did, though, which was a shame as Donna (Keith's daughter from his first marriage) was due to visit with her husband and three year old daughter, Faye. Luckily they arrived before I had to take Sophie into work and she was able to unwrap a late Christmas present from her half-sister.

When I got back from dropping Sophie off, I made lunch and we had a good chat while Neil, Donna's husband, played on Mikey's PS3 with him. I have a feeling Mikey beat him!

Donna, Neil and the gorgeous little Faye left at around 2.30pm as Donna had to work later in the day. It was great to see them as it's been a little while since we were able to visit them in Lincolnshire, on Faye's 2nd birthday. She has grown into a really pretty little girl who chattered away the whole time they were with us.

All three of us went to pick Sophie up from work at 5pm and it looked like it had been a busy day, which was good news. Luckily Dad was in and keeping control of things which is always a bonus!

No comments: