Tuesday 17 August 2010

Time...

It's lovely, for once, to have plenty of time, something I regard as a luxury these days. This morning we all pootled about giving the house a good clean so we can have the rest of the week off to relax. It was great to be able to do things that I've never had time for before but I'm not being complacent! I know how quickly the time can go when you're enjoying yourself!

Yesterday we booked to go to France next week for the day and we may leave home early and drive to the Romney Marshes before staying overnight in Dover. It's an area of Kent I've always wanted to visit and has lots of smuggling connections which I find interesting. We're staying at the Premier Inn in Dover and this time I've learned my lesson and booked two twin rooms so at least we'll all have some sleep before the journey the next day. We've booked a late ferry home so we're going to try and get down to Arras for lunch before heading back to Calais for some shopping.

Tonight, Sophie has a sleepover with Susie and Vicky so the conservatory has been turned into a bedroom. I just hope they do get some sleep as we're off to Milton Keynes tomorrow!

No comments: