Monday 30 August 2010

Domestic duties

I love Bank Holidays but this one, the last before Christmas, passed way too quickly! Keith and I went for a walk first thing, into the village (passing our old house and saying hello to our old neighbours) and then back over the fields. It was lovely in the sunshine, but today has definitely had a hint of Autumn about it and it was dark at around 8pm this evening.

Keith made a big pot of tomato soup while I changed two of the beds, taking advantage of the wind and sunshine to dry the sheets. The smells in the house of clean laundry and soup were wonderful!

So, it's back to work for me tomorrow which will come as a bit of a shock!

2 comments:

kitchen princess said...

I am terribly old fashioned, I change the beds on Monday no matter what. Although, the Mr was some what surprised to see me ironing the fitted sheet onto the bed. (he has not seen me change the bed before, not sure why) I know I do not have to, I just love the way it looks.

Janie said...

I love crisply ironed bedding and the way it smells! Lovely! I have to confess to not ironing my sheets or quilt cover on our bed as we have a bedspread that goes over the top and hides it all! Very sluttish, I know! Before I could iron Sophie's quilt cover yesterday, the iron went bang and tripped the whole house so that was the perfect excuse to not have to do it!! ;)