Thursday 12 August 2010

Stormy weather

Last night was lovely at Brasserie Blanc and it was great that all six of us went out for a meal together as we haven't done that for a while.



The four of us munched on delicious bread and butter while we waited for mum and dad to arrive and then there was silence as we all studied the menu. I decided to go with the Dine With Wine choice and ordered pea and marjoram pancake served with a poached egg to start, followed by beef brochettes and almond couscous to follow.


Keith and the children skipped starters but mum chose the gravadlax while Dad opted for the snails!. Yum! Keith, Mikey and my Dad chose the shoulder of lamb for a main course, Sophie went for Beef Stroganoff and mum had the fishcake with a side of new potatoes.

Our starters were delicious. My pea pancakes were moist and soft and the egg beautifully cooked. We all wanted more bread which was not a problem and by now the restaurant was beginning to fill up and the noise level rising which added to the great atmosphere.

Our mains arrived and Keith was slightly disappointed with this lamb. He was expecting a substantial amount of lamb but had one thinnish slice. When you consider his dish was £17 and my three course meal with a glass of wine was £18, I think I had the best deal.

 I enjoyed my beef brochettes but would have liked more of the delicious sauce and some green veggies to go with it. Maybe next time I'll order some French green beans.

I think Mikey was still hungry after his lamb and chased the juices around his plate with some more bread! He was definitely looking forward to his dessert which was chocolate souffle, recommended by our lovely friendly waitress. While we waited for his pudding (and I chose the chocolate marquise while Soph had mousse) we had coffee.

A couple next to us had Baked Alaska which looked gorgeous! It was a sharing dessert and was flambeed at the table. Next time I'm having that! Our desserts were yummy and I think Mikey had the best one...


As you can see, there is not much left!

After dinner we showed Keith and Dad the rest of the "Hub" which is lively with restaurants, bars and hotels. Dad liked the look of the Loch Fyne restaurant next door to Brasserie Blanc so I think he'll be taking mum there next.

At work today, I had Keith and the children in with me all day as mum and dad had some time off. Keith managed to mow the grass despite the early rain we had first thing. It's been a lot cooler and on the way home in the car we had heavy showers and thunder.

It was lovely to get home and watch last night's Masterchef!





 

No comments: