Thursday 26 August 2010

Rain, rain, rain...

I know back in June I was praying for rain, but this is really too much, now. We awoke to grey skies and rain this morning and it hasn't stopped all day. Yesterday we were at least able to get out into the garden for an hour to check on things before the rain came down in the afternoon!

We went to Ikea which was a big mistake...it was packed to the rafters so we made a quick dash for the bits we wanted to see - chests of drawers for Sophie and then the picture frames. We saw a lovely dressing table for Sophie so we've earmarked that for later but the frame I wanted for the five pictures of New York was gone, so it was a bit of a wasted journey! Before leaving we bought some Swedish goodies (meatballs, beer and reindeer sausage) and then had a coffee before driving home.

We've recorded some films so I think tomorrow will be a movie day!

2 comments:

kitchen princess said...

The rain is relentless, it is horrible. I don't think I have been able to see the horizon at all today. My view from our living room looks out over very flat open farmland.

Janie said...

Yesterday was unbelievable! We went to bed late after watching a film and it was coming down in torrents. Mixed with the wind it looked more like an October night! It is better today, though and I've just heard that next week (when I'm back at work) will be better! Typical!