Thursday 19 August 2010

Wednesday 18 August - a spot of shopping

Well, we all survived the night with the giggly girls, although this time they weren't quite so giggly...perhaps it's not cool to be giggly any more!

We picked mum up and then headed off to Milton Keynes. I'd forgotten the warning signs that the A45 towards the M1 was congested so we became stuck in a massive jam with no-one going anywhere. I managed to turn off at Wootton and head out to MK on the Newport Pagnell road and we learned later that the motorway had been closed because of an accident involving four lorries. It wasn't opened until past lunchtime so it was good that I'd been able to turn off otherwise it wouldn't have been worth going!

We had a good few hours shopping - I bought more uniform for the children and we had a good browse as it wasn't busy at all. We had to head back earlier than we wanted to as I was due to give blood again at 5pm.

This week, although lovely and relaxed has been taken up so far with too many mundane chores and I'm hoping that come Friday we'll start to do things that are fun and more holiday-like!

No comments: