Tuesday 10 August 2010

Grumpy...

Yes, I have been Mrs Grumpy today. The first thing I do in the morning is part the curtains and look out of the window to see what the weather is doing and I was met with rain today. What a difference it makes to our business! We were very busy and Sophie came in to help and did very well, bless her! She'll earn a nice pay packet at the end of the week.

Going out to the car in the afternoon to go to the bank, I saw to my extreme annoyance, that someone from Terry's Bouncy Castle Hire had festooned all our customers' cars with leaflets advertising their Birthday parties and bouncy castle hire!! What a b****y cheek!! Mum and I went around snatching them all off and I marched into the office and phoned the number on the leaflet to give "Terry" a piece of my mind! Huh!

So today I have been a bit grumpy, but I felt much better after a warm bath and a good old rant to poor Keith. And I also caved in on the alcohol front...I opened a bottle of French wine and had two small glasses. Oh well! There's always next month!

2 comments:

kitchen princess said...

You are brave to phone the offender. Hee - how did Terry react?

2 small glasses is nothing.

I am slightly embarrassed to admit if we are indulging and have a few people round we easily do 2 cases

Janie said...

Terry sounded very gruff but did have the grace to apologise and said, "He didn't realise that we had bouncy castles as well." Hmmm...not sure I believe that!

I'm impressed about your wine consumption. Sounds like you're a woman after my own heart! ;)