Tuesday 31 August 2010

Back to work

And of course the sun has shone all day and it's been warm...typical!

The first day back after 17 days off hasn't been too bad despite having to do the cleaning first thing this morning which was hard work as we have been very busy over the last few days. I caught up with lots of paperwork and had both children in with me so that in itself was a miracle. One more day and they are both back at school...hooray!

The summer seems to have gone over very quickly and I dread the appearance of Christmas things in the shops. We have to go to one of the wholesalers tomorrow and I know in advance they already have cards and decorations on display. I will steadfastly ignore them until the beginning of December when most of them will have been snapped up! I just can't think about Christmas at the moment even though we had a flier come in the post at work this morning about Christmas parties!

We are entering my most favourite time of the year - the months of September, October and November. I love seeing the nights draw in, feeling that chill in the air and the lovely smells of Autumn and seeing the colours of the trees change from green to gold. I love getting all cosy at home and curling up on the sofa with a good film. Each season has its own beauty but Autumn, for me, is the loveliest of all. I also think (I have no idea why) that September is almost like the start of a new year. Maybe it's because the schools go back and it can be seen as a new beginning but I like to have a mini new year in September and plan things for over the winter. This year I'm determined to research my family tree on my mother's side so I'm going to question my Nan when I next see her and try and find my grandfather's birth certificate which might lead me back a bit further in time. It'll be interesting to see what I come up with...I hope there are no skeletons in my closet!

No comments: