Sunday 8 August 2010

Dead flies...

If there was an industry that used dead flies, we'd be millionaires. I was sitting on the seat in the garden today and looked through the conservatory windows - big mistake! I could see some dead flies on the windowsill and one on the floor and, frankly, they didn't look very nice. Resigning myself to giving the conservatory a good going over (and it's been warm today!) I set about cleaning it.

It obviously gets warm in there in the summer so we have the doors open, but this brings in hordes of flies and, what I think, are hoverflies. They congregate on the ceiling and then die and I'm forever sweeping them up. Sadly I also found a dead butterfly on the windowsill as well. Not only were the dead insects (spiders, wasps, bees and flies) in accessible places, but they were behind the sofas as well so I had to pull all the furniture out and do a deep clean! Serves me right for thinking I could lounge about in the garden all afternoon with a glass of um...sparkling water!

I'm also going to ban Monty from going in there for his post-breakfast nap. He had used every single cushion to sleep on and his hairs were clinging to every surface...

So, now the conservatory (and the rest of downstairs) is squeaky clean and immaculate and I've been growling at anybody who dares to make a mess!

No comments: