Sunday 1 August 2010

Sleepy Sunday

Today has been nice and slow, just how Sundays are supposed to be. We had a very late start, reading in bed until gone 10am, something we rarely do. The children kept coming and asking when breakfast would be, but seeing as both of them are more than capable of getting themselves something to eat, we ignored them until the lure of the coffee pot finally drew me downstairs.

In the afternoon, I drove mum and Sophie over to Weedon for yet more browsing around shops that are full of useless things that look nice but that we don't really need. There is a lovely cookshop though, and I did look at some of the cookery books with a view to buying one to help us plan our meals a bit better, but nothing looked simple enough for me to follow. One tome, very posh looking, had Italian recipes and I know that I would find it virtually impossible to follow them. For some reason I panic when I follow a recipe and I have no idea why. I really must try and resolve that problem so maybe an evening class would help as I'd love to try different dishes. I have the greatest admiration for people who follow a recipe and it all works out perfectly. I have been thinking of taking evening classes when they start again in September and do something completely different like sewing, another thing I'm totally useless at!

This afternoon I didn't take up mum's offer of a drink as I am going to try and have an alcohol free August...Sophie scoffed at me when I told her about it as she knows that Keith and I do enjoy a drink in the evening as we play cards and when we have dinner, but I'm determined. One problem on the horizon is our Wedding Anniversary on the 15th, but I'm sure we can get around that.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jane, I am sure you can do it, I would join you but I will wait until after my hols, I think I will need to then for sure!
SWS

Janie said...

Thanks, sws! It's just a habit and I know that the longer I stay off it, the easier it becomes! The weather we're having at the moment helps as well. Not such a temptation to sit in the garden with a cold beer!