Sunday 15 August 2010

18 years!

So, 18 years ago today Keith and I were married! The time has flown past! We've had a nice lazy day, pottering about in the garden, reading the Sunday papers over coffee and going to see mum and dad for an hour. The weather (so far) has been warm and dry and I hope it stays like that for a few days at least, although I doubt it!

I've just opened a bottle of sparkling Vouvray (Chateau Moncontour from M&S) as the Loire wine has a special meaning for us. We spent our first Wedding Anniversary in Vouvray after driving all day from the French Alps. We'd had an argument in the morning as Keith thought there was something wrong with the tyres on the car and I refused to go and ask a mechanic for help, despite having an A Level in French. So we drove all day in an awkward silence and arrived at our hotel in Vouvray parched and grumpy. Two litres of water and a delicious bottle of the local wine improved our spirits and we lived to fight another day!

Here are a couple of photos of us from our Wedding Day:




We look a little different now! I tried to scan the photos, but it wouldn't work so I photographed the photos, if you know what I mean! My dress is a bit meringue-like and I still have it, wrapped in tissue paper in a wardrobe. I used some of the lace from the sleeve for Sophie's Christening dress and I really hope both gowns will be handed down to the next generation.

Mum and Dad bought us an olive tree which I re-potted today and put in the gravel garden. We also re-potted the vines which have grown considerably. Hopefully one day, we'll have our own grapes and olives!

5 comments:

kitchen princess said...

What a beautiful bride you made. Happy Anniversary.

Janie said...

Thank you! xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely Jane! Happy anniversary, a bit late, sorry! Have a good staycation too. Cheryl x

Anonymous said...

Great photos Jane, you both look very happy, nice dress and big hair!
SWS

Janie said...

Thanks Cheryl and sws!! :)