Friday 2 September 2011

Thursday 1 September - Mrs Grumpy!

I find as I get older I'm getting more and more grumpy (my family will tell you I've always been that way) and today I was particularly irritated by other people's driving. Is it me or are people not indicating in cars any more? Are we all supposed to be psychic now and be able to tell where a car is headed without them using indicators? It's getting to be a real gripe with me!

On the way home from work, on a country road, I was overtaken by a young man in a small car who'd been hanging onto my tail for the last three or four miles. He overtook me and the car in front, swiftly followed by another young guy in a souped up thing who just about got in as there was a car coming the other way. Neither me nor the car in front were going particularly slowly, the road has a few dips and is quite narrow but I was glad to get them both off my back!

Then as we drove into our local village, a woman behind me drove the wrong way into our funny road system... we have a tree in the middle of a junction and anybody turning right must drive around the tree rather than in front which has confused people in the past. As I was turning right myself she can't have been concentrating very hard and obviously hadn't seen the very big No Entry sign!  She was very lucky there wasn't another car coming and realised her mistake when she saw me! So there was another reason for me to say a few words!

Hmmm! I relaxed though at home and enjoyed the lovely weather we had today. Summer seems to have made a return and the weekend is forecast to be warmer and sunnier than of late. Perhaps I can get out into the garden for some late summer sun!







No comments: