Sunday 18 September 2011

New laptop!

My old laptop finally died this morning. I turned it off on Saturday night and this morning, when I went to turn it back on, it wouldn't start. All through the morning I kept trying, but it would light up for a couple of seconds and then stop. To be honest, it hasn't been right for ages. It makes a terrible whirring noise, gets very hot and I haven't had sound or the use of the DVD drive for ages, which has been a pain.

I had a look at laptops on the internet and went off to Tesco to buy an Acer but of course, they didn't have it in stock, so I was forced to go to PC World where I told mum and Sophie who were with me, that I didn't want to be sold a whole lot of extras.

And I wasn't! I insisted I just wanted a laptop, a lovely Samsung in silver, and I don't think the salesman was too happy with me! He tried to sell me Microsoft Office and said that my new laptop didn't have a word processing feature, crucial to me as I like to use it to write, but it does! It has Office Starter and Excel software so that was a bit naughty. I never used Outlook or Publisher anyway and didn't need them at all, so I'm more than happy. He also tried to sell me Norton Anti-virus but I have all my security sorted with Avast, so he went off in disgust, took my card and that was it! Result!

In the evening we all went out, with Mum, for a meal at the local carvery. Dad is away flying (or not flying as the weather has been terrible) his model aeroplanes in Eastbourne, so we thought it was a good idea to have a meal together after the busy last few days. It was a nice meal, but Keith's roast it was not!

No comments: