Sunday 11 September 2011

Friday 9 September - "We plough the fields and scatter..."

Much against my will (it had been a long week) Sophie dragged me out for a walk after work again. This time it was a "Right! Let's do this quickly and get it over with" walk so we didn't linger as we had the other night. The air was full of the rich smell of turned earth as several fields were being ploughed as we walked. It was a beautiful evening, I have to admit and I did feel better when we arrived home, a bit hot and sweaty, to know that we'd done an hour's good exercise.

I drove Keith off to the pub and as we were a bit early stayed for a drink before his mate arrived. I was a bit concerned as he was complaining of chest pains and in my opinion, he should have gone off to the hospital, but he's the stubborn sort so I said I hoped he felt better and left them both to it.

Back home I spent a very pleasant hour watching more Tales from the Green Valley and thinking that today's farmers have it a lot easier than 17th century ones!

No comments: