Sunday 11 September 2011

Saturday 10 September - a Spanish wine tasting!

I urged Keith to phone his friend this morning as I was still worried about him. Chest pains should never be ignored (as we know) and I really felt as if he should have gone off to hospital yesterday to be checked. Keith phoned but didn't get an answer so we were none the wiser.

Sophie and I went off to Market Harborough in the afternoon and I treated her to lunch in Caffe Nero as she'd been a very good little nurse to me in the morning. I was suffering from womanly cramps and the pain was severe to say the least so she'd put a hot water bottle over my tummy which had helped greatly. We had a milkshake each and then a mooch in New Look where I asked a woman (who I thought was a shop assistant) where a skirt was that Sophie was looking for...it turned out she was a customer as well but she played along with me, rather than be rude!! Trust me!

After doing a bit more shopping and buying the DVD of "127 Hours" to watch in the evening we meandered off to Duncan's to buy some wine for next Saturday, when I'm hosting another of my Wine Evenings. I'd tried two lovely South American wines a few weeks back and I was hoping he'd still have them, which luckily he did, although one was in the back of the shop as he's supplying a local restaurant with it.

He had a white Rioja on tasting as well as another Spanish red so I had a crafty sip of each and ended up buying the white Rioja, a wine you rarely see in the UK as most of the wine we get from this region is red. It was very fruity and delicious (I'm sipping it as I write this) and should go down well with dinner!

Back home Keith informed me that his friend was in hospital and had been admitted that morning. He'd had two stents fitted so it was obviously quite serious. Keith went off to see him and then picked me up afterwards and we both had a drink in the pub after ordering a Chinese take-away from the van in the village. His friend was comfortable and will probably be out by Monday evening so no doubt their twice-weekly drink will not be affected!

We had a very pleasant hour in the pub chatting to the Landlord and some friends and then went to collect our dinner which was delicious. Not the most healthy of meals, but it was Saturday night, we'd eaten some good home-cooked meals all week and that's my excuse!

No comments: