Sunday 8 April 2012

Rifling through Nan's drawers!

Mum and I made the trip down to Kent today to see Nan as it was Easter Sunday and although a lot of places were closed, the roads were still very busy.

We spent a very pleasant day looking through lots of old photos and ransacking her cupboards and drawers trying to find more old documents that would help with my family tree research. I borrowed some wonderful old pictures from her and she didn't mind at all as we put it all back very neatly! It wasn't the sort of day to be out and about as it was grey and dismal again so it was the perfect time to stay in the warm and be cosy!

My Nan and Grandad - probably the 60s.



My Great Grandmother (left) a very young mum and my Nan (right)

My Nan's wedding day in March 1940
Keith and I - some years ago!

No comments: