Saturday 28 April 2012

Dreary Saturday

Today was supposed to have been the better of the two weekend days but it has rained all day. I spent the morning and half the afternoon doing housework (Keith hates dusting and one thing led to another...the bathrooms, yuk!) and then Sophie and I drove over to Market Harborough for a spot of shopping.

We called into Caffe Nero first as I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast and I ordered a chicken ciabatta while Sophie chomped on a chocolate brownie. I waited and waited for my sandwich and when I finally managed to get the attention of one of the the staff they discovered it had been burnt! The replacement wasn't the same as the one I originally chose so as an apology the manager gave me a voucher for a free hot drink the next time we visit! That's fine by me!

Keith cooked an absolutely delicious curry in the evening and had put a pack of mixed chillies into it to give it some heat. He and Mikey ate a whole one each and then had to gulp down some water as they had steam coming out of their ears! The chillies certainly gave the curry a lot of flavour so we'll be using that recipe from now on, but maybe not eating a whole chilli!

No comments: