Sunday 1 April 2012

Shopping!

This morning Mum, Soph and me went off to Milton Keynes to do some shopping as it's a certain someone's 16th Birthday next Thursday. We had a bite to eat in Caffe Italia and then went into Schuh to buy Sophie some Vans shoes.

I'd never heard of Vans shoes until Sophie said she wanted them for her birthday and to me they looked like normal sandshoes, but with a hefty price tag! She picked the ones she wanted but they weren't in stock, so the assistant brought her another to try on to make sure the size was right and said we could order the pair she wanted and they would pay the delivery to our home.

Well, I was impressed! The shop was heaving with people and the sales assistants were extremely friendly and efficient. By the time I'd got to the till, the order was there, it was checked with me to make sure they were the correct shoes and as I write (on Monday) they've been delivered! What excellent service! I've had emails and texts to say the shoes were on their way and I just wish all shops were like this! Expensive they may have been but with service like that I don't mind!

After shoe shopping we popped into M&S to try on bras (a bit stressful) and then we had a cup of coffee and a bar of chocolate as a treat. Keith had been phoning me on my mobile as Mikey had gone off to the village to see one of his friends and he couldn't get hold of him so we were both a bit worried. This had come after a fairly fraught morning when we'd discovered that Mikey had somehow bored a hole in his bedroom wall and we'd understandably been a mite angry with him. I don't know...boys! Luckily I managed to get him on his mobile so it was all OK and we had a cup of coffee to celebrate!

We left Milton Keynes at about 3pm and headed home in the lovely sunshine. The forecast rain had never happened and it had turned out to be very warm indeed. Did I say that the heatwave was over?!

No comments: