Tuesday 10 April 2012

Busy, busy!

Today has been a busy day, both at work and at home. We were all in early at work getting ready for the day and doing the cleaning, although mum and dad had been in the day before (on a Bank Holiday!) to do most of it. The weather was dry and sunny but we were still busy which was good and very unexpected! My day was mostly taken up with office work and catching up with things after my short break so I was confined to the office which was no bad thing!

After work I dashed home with Sophie and then went to give blood at her school. This time I had to drink a whole pint of water before I gave blood, something to do with us not feeling as faint!

When I got home I noticed one of our conifers looking very sorry for itself and when I went to investigate I met Sarah taking out her bins. We had a long chat, with the emphasis on Prom dresses and how stressy our teenage girls are at the moment! Roll on the Summer holidays!

In the evening Mum and I went to a local small cinema to see the film "The Woman in the Fifth" based on Douglas Kennedy's book. It was ages since we'd been to this small cinema and it was a real treat to not have people chomping on popcorn or rustling sweet bags all the way through it! The film was great, a bit obscure in places but it varied a bit from the book. Why does this happen?!

No comments: