Thursday 12 April 2012

Mostly grumpy...

My day didn't start off too well when I couldn't find any socks this morning... I bought myself seven pairs a while ago and not one was to be found in my underwear drawer this morning! As it's not a good time of the month for me, my mood just worsened and I had a rant at Keith about socks which didn't go down too well!

Driving into work I discovered a tractor in front of me so I decided that rather than sit behind him all the way out of the village (not many overtaking opportunities) I'd go another way, deciding that a change is as good as a rest! Imagine my extreme annoyance when I managed to catch up with him a little way down the road where my new route met my old! Gritting my teeth I took another different route along the main road and lo and behold came upon another tractor! Would you believe it!

The final straw came when I drove into our car park to find a soiled nappy sitting on the ground...what sort of customers do we have, I wonder??

The day did improve slightly (well it had to didn't it?) and I managed to get all the payroll done and dusted in accordance with our beloved Revenue and Customs. We were busy at work today and after doing all the paperwork I went and helped out in the kitchen, relieved to get away from the computer for a short while!

Mum and I escaped again in the afternoon and Mrs Grumpy reared her ugly head once again... We went over to the bank and as I was pulling out of the parking space I noticed a young woman pulling out as well, a mobile phone firmly clamped to her ear. She followed me for quite a distance, ten minutes at least, and all the time the phone was still attached to her ear, despite us passing a police car! At one point she nearly hit a bus and swerved at the last minute and I was furious that she could drive like that and put other people at risk! Grrrrr!

It was quite a relief to get home in the evening and relax with a glass of wine, well away from other people!

No comments: