Thursday 11 November 2010

Wild weather!

It's been another wild and windy day and as I write this, I can hear the boom outside as the wind whips through the trees and around the houses, rattling the windows and making me feel all safe and warm inside. I went out with mum today and we must have driven through the edges of a storm - all the leaves were flying about in a mad rush and the sky constantly changed from blue to black. It was very exhilarating!

I love this poem - I've no idea who wrote it as I first saw it carved onto some wood at Pitsford reservoir but it sums up today perfectly!

Calm weather is for calm souls
But the light that comes
Through the whirling trees
When the wind is high
Stirs the blood of the wild creatures
Who dance to the rhythm
And sing with the singing leaves

No comments: