Sunday 7 November 2010

Mercy Mission

Yesterday my Nan was not well and I told Mum that if she was no better today, I'd be happy to go down to Kent with her. At around 8am mum phoned to say that Nan was still feeling poorly and she said that we'd both make the journey south to see her.

When we arrived Nan said she felt dizzy so we told her to rest and I went to the local shop to buy her some chicken soup which I always think is brilliant if you're not feeling well. Sure enough, after a bowl of soup, she felt a lot better and we think it was the tablets the doctor gave her yesterday that she'd taken on an empty stomach.
He said she has a viral infection of her inner ear which is causing the nausea and dizziness so hopefully tomorrow after a good night's sleep she'll be much better.

We stayed with her all day and left her feeling more like her old self. She'll be 91 next month but is as strong as an ox and I can see her living for a good few more years yet!

The journey to and from Kent was OK and I arrived home at 7pm to a glass of good white wine and the aromas of roast chicken. The temperature outside had dropped to about 3c on the way home and I think we're in for a frosty night!

No comments: