Wednesday 17 November 2010

Dark days of November

Today has been a real dark, gloomy day, the sort of day that gives winter a bad name. Keith and I were in together at work and he sorted out yet another blocked toilet. I suppose kids and loo paper don't mix so we'll always be at the mercy of blocked drains!

We both managed to lose each other in Tesco's...I said I'd meet him by the flower stall but he misunderstood me and thought I said I'd find him in the household section where he went in search of caustic soda. We must have stood waiting for each other for a good 15 minutes and there were a few cross words when we eventually reunited over the roses!

After work I dragged him back out into the cold, damp chilly air to find a school in Kettering where I'm going to on Saturday for a day's Adult Education course. I will learn How to Write a Novel, presumably in a better way than the one I've already written, which is pants!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the course Jane, I hope you enjoy it.
SWS

Janie said...

Thank you - I hope so too!