Wednesday 24 November 2010

Snow is forecast...

The country is bracing itself for a cold snap and as I write I'm sure it's snowing somewhere in the country, most probably the north and Scotland! I'm torn in two over the prospect of snow. One half of me would love to see a covering of the white stuff, the other half is apprehensive about what it does to the business and last winter's freeze is still fresh in my memory along with the disruption it caused. I really don't want to be shovelling snow in our car park on Saturday morning!

It has been a beautiful day though - what I call a "grey and blue day" - the clouds heavy and ominous and an orange tint on the horizon as early at 3pm this afternoon. The temperature dropped as I took Keith home from work and the children are excited about the forecast. We'll see what happens...this part of the country normally escapes the worst of the weather so I'm not getting worked up, either way!

No comments: