Monday 15 November 2010

Ooops!

I was a bit over-zealous with the cleaning at work today...

I thought it would be a good idea to try and dust the girders in the roof and all was going well until I sent a big puff of dust in front of one of our smoke detectors which set all the alarm bells ringing! Thinking that the Fire Brigade would be on their way (they're literally just around the corner!) I went into a mad panic and sent Dad off upstairs to turn the alarm off.

Luckily, when I rang the local Fire Brigade they weren't on their way and within a few minutes the awful wailing noise was silenced and all was back to normal. I did laugh half an hour later, though, when the Chubb maintenance man came in to do his six-month check! At least we knew the smoke detectors were working!

No comments: