Friday 25 August 2017

Saying thank you!

We all had to be up fairly early this morning as Mike had to enrol at college. We dropped him off and then went to do our shopping, but before going to Tesco I popped home as the vision in my right eye was blurry...

When I took my contact lens out I discovered why...last night I thought I'd taken both lenses out and discarded them as I'd had them in while we were on holiday. However, I obviously hadn't taken out my right lens and had put new one in on the top! What a twit! I had been a little worried about why I couldn't see properly but at least the reason was a good one!

We traipsed off to Aldi and Tesco and it was hard work, with lots of people wandering about aimlessly. The supermarkets were so quieter back in the US. I'm beginning to have the holiday blues!

Mum and Dad popped around in the afternoon for a cup of tea and were delighted with their presents. Sue also came to see us very briefly so we could thank her for looking after Monty while we were away.

Luckily, the weather has been fine, dry and sunny today so that has helped. I dread to think how we would have felt if, after three weeks of sunshine and blue skies, we came back to rain and cloud!

Keith went to the pub in the evening and Sophie and I picked Mike up from Moulton where he'd been seeing friends. I think he missed his mates while we were away so he is now intent on catching up with them! I have no doubt that I'll be ferrying him about everywhere during the next week or so! He joined Keith at the pub for some long overdue male bonding!

Sophie and I went to see Richard and Michelle when we got home and gave them their bottle of Champagne for looking after the cat. They said they'd really enjoyed feeding him, and more importantly, giving him lots of cuddles!

No comments: