Wednesday 30 August 2017

The spiders have taken over!

I spent all morning and part of the afternoon cleaning the conservatory because while we were on holiday the spiders moved in. There were cobwebs everywhere and red brick dust from where Keith had drilled holes to hang our new batch of hearts. I had just shoved a load of stuff behind the sofa and the room was a complete mess!

Suffice to say, it is now much cleaner, a lot barer and the cobwebs have all gone!

Sophie helped by hoovering the rest of the downstairs rooms and Keith did a pile of ironing. It was the perfect day for it as the weather has been chilly and rainy. I did want to change the room around a bit but in the end we put all the furniture back to how it was, but at least I know there's no dead flies and nasty things lurking behind the sofas!

In the evening we all went to The Lamplighter for dinner and Keith was rather disappointed with the beer on offer. Actually, he was more than disappointed, he said the way the beer was served was "atrocious". The first two pints looked cloudy and flat but he said they tasted OK, at least. I stuck to a bottle of Leffe!

Despite the beer being bad, the food was good and Sophie and I ordered burgers, Mike had nachos with beef and Keith had fish and chips. We enjoyed garlic bread to start and Sophie and I shared a pudding of chocolate brownie with ice-cream. I felt stuffed afterwards. The diet must start soon!

Back home I changed into my cosy onesie and Sophie and I watched the latest episode of 90 Day Fiance. I am beginning to think that this show is very staged and that the people taking part are being told to act in a certain way. This has probably been the case all along and I'm being naive to think that most of it was real!

Before we went to bed we spotted an enormous spider on the landing wall. Sophie very kindly trapped it in a pint glass (yes, it was that big) and we took it outside. I most definitely would not have slept if I'd suspected it could come into the bedroom overnight!

No comments: