Monday 28 August 2017

The wrong choice!

We realised today that we have been on holiday for four weeks! And on each of those days we have had lovely weather. I dread to think how we'll feel when the rain and cloud make a return!

After a very lazy start we popped over to Tesco and called in to see Mum and Dad on the way. My Dad has a new phone so Sophie helped him set up all the contact numbers. Let's hope he gets on better with this one!

Tesco was very busy so we sped around and got out of there as quickly as we could! It's not my favourite way to spend a Bank Holiday Monday! Back home we had some lunch and then I suggested to Sophie that we go out as I really didn't want to waste the lovely day. We headed to the garden centre at Hardingstone as I had got it into my head that I would like to buy a palm tree, to remind me of Florida.

Naturally, the garden centre didn't have any, but they did have a banana tree exactly like the one we had in the front garden in Naples. I don't think it was for sale, though! From there we went to Homesense and I bought various bits and bobs, including a lovely scented candle. Sophie treated me to a peach and green tea lemonade in Starbucks, but we both agreed that we preferred the drinks at the US cafe.

Today has been warm and sunny again with the temperature around 85f. We returned home and I suggested to Keith that we go out for a drink before dinner. Mike was off with his mates again so just the three of us walked up to the pub where it was still busy with the beer festival. I made the mistake of choosing a pint of raspberry cider which was sickly sweet. Sophie followed my lead and was as disappointed with it as I was. Keith had one of the stronger beers but it was flat, which he hates. I think the beers and ciders had had their day so we swapped to wine for our second drink and Keith had a pint of lager.

There was a nice atmosphere in the garden, though, and we enjoyed sitting in the sunshine and having a chat. I have vowed to make the most of this gorgeous weather before it changes!

No comments: