Tuesday 29 August 2017

An expensive day!

Sophie was working today but before we dropped her off we had to take my car in for its MOT. I certainly feel like I'm back to reality now!

We took Sophie to work and then collected Mike from his friend's house. He was very weary looking again and it was good he didn't have to go to work today!

Back home I caught up with some stuff on the computer and before I knew it, it was time to go and pick up Sophie from work. We had a coffee at Costa and then made our way down to the wine shop again as I'd said I'd pop in and see Jonathan. We had a good chat and tasted some wines and they told me they'd run out of The Ned Pinot Grigio! Oh no! We were going to buy a few bottles! We called into Jones's on the way home and I spent only a couple of pounds on some bird food.

It turned out to be a good thing they'd run out and I curbed my spending at Jones's because when I arrived back home my car was ready and it cost me £55 for the MOT! That seems to have risen substantially! The children and I then had to rush off to the dentist for our six month check and although both Sophie and Mike were fine, I had to have a filling! The first ever! I was mortified and it cost me the grand sum of £56 for the privilege even though my appointment isn't for another three weeks! So that was over £100 spent today on horrible things! I was not amused.

And to cap it all the weather has changed for the worse today and it's been a chilly dark evening. I'm so glad we made the most of the sun over the weekend, but what a change from last night when we were sitting in the pub garden enjoying ourselves in the sunshine!

Keith went off to see Sileby play in the evening and wore: jeans, a tee-shirt, a body warmer, his coat and a hat. It's not that cold!


No comments: