Thursday 24 August 2017

Back to reality!

Amazingly, we had a very good flight home, helped no doubt, by the extra seats we had on each row. Keith sat with Mike and I sat with Sophie and I slept more than I have on any other flight. This was good news as I faced driving home from Gatwick, not a great journey at the best of times!

We arrived back in London at around 10am and finally managed to order a taxi to take us to where the car was parked. Everything was fine, which was a relief, and by 11am we were on the road home.

It was a long, slow journey and we crawled along for most of the way. The children slept in the back and Keith nodded off a couple of times and it was great to finally get home. The house always feels strange when we return from a holiday and today was no exception! Monty was very pleased to see us!

After we'd unloaded the car and waded through all the post, we unpacked and sorted everything out. I managed to keep awake all afternoon and in the evening Keith and I went to order a takeaway from the Chinese van in the village before having a drink at the pub.

I feel as if I've slotted back into UK life very easily and wonder if the sleep on the flight helped as it felt like we'd had a proper "night". It was also much better to arrive later in the morning as previously we've arrived back at Gatwick at about 7am which has been horrible!

We enjoyed our takeaway and Sophie and I caught up with some of the many programmes that had recorded while we were away. By 9pm, though, I was seriously tired, but after a five minute power nap I lasted out until 10pm! A record!

No comments: