Sunday 27 August 2017

Quiet Sunday

We've had a very quiet day today with long lie-ins for Keith and Sophie who seem to be trying to catch up on some sleep!

Mike called me at about 9.30am to go and pick him up and Keith blearily came with me so he could buy a newspaper. As soon as we got back home I tackled the back garden and mowed the lawn - the grass was very long so I can only assume we had a fair bit of rain while we were away.

We took Mike to work at midday and he looked very tired indeed. He'd stayed up all night to watch the big boxing match so he hadn't had a lot of sleep! Back home I worked on the front garden while Sophie kept me company and then we popped to the Co-op in Broughton to buy some beer and cold drinks. I ate lunch in the garden with Sophie and Monty but by mid-afternoon it was really quite warm so we moved indoors! No pool to cool off here!

Collecting Mike from work was a bit of a trial as when we arrived at 6pm the cafe was all locked up. We tried to get in touch with him, but as usual, his phone went straight to voice-mail. However, he hadn't wandered off as we had thought but was still at work! The beautiful weather we've had today meant they were very busy so he was still clearing up.

We returned home where I had a welcome drink and watched a programme about buying houses on the beach in the US...how I wish I was able to buy one as well!


No comments: