Wednesday 12 October 2011

Tuesday 11 October - Decisions, decisions!

I'm not sure if it's getting older, but I'm finding it very hard just lately to make a decision. I've never seen myself as a dithery sort of person but just lately I've been telling myself to "just make a decision, woman!" and get on with it!

Sometimes, you can certainly think too much about a situation and I think this clouds my judgement. The best thing, I find, is to stop thinking about the problem (or whatever it is) and think about something else. When you eventually turn your mind back to making a decision, the thought process should be clearer! Well, hopefully anyway!

At work we really need to replace one of our inflatables so I spent the morning studying a brochure from one of the big bouncy castle suppliers and I saw two that looked promising. One was another Gladiator game (what we have at the moment) and the other was an inflatable version of the game "Twister" where people get tangled up! The Twister looked very appealing as it was a low flat-bed type of inflatable and looked low-risk. However, when we all thought about it, we weren't sure whether the children (and adults) would "get" the idea without having the game to hand.

We dismissed the idea of another Gladiator and then I saw something else that looked very promising - an inflatable activity centre for children up to the age of 5 with lots of things for them to do. A few months ago we'd approached one of our suppliers to design a new tots area and he'd come up with a price of £10,000 which was a bit shocking so this new inflatable, at a much lower price, would do a great job of enhancing the area without the huge price tag.

Of course, we spoke to Polly about our ideas and she came up with another set of problems so now we're more confused than ever! Decisions, decisions...we're going to have make some soon!

No comments: