Thursday 13 October 2011

Balloon spotting!

As tonight was the first night this week we didn't have anything on, Sophie and I went for a walk over the fields when I got in from work. I didn't take my camera with me as the sky was dull and grey, but I soon wished I'd had when we saw a huge hot air balloon in the distance. By the time we'd reached the village it was right over our heads and not very high so I could have taken some great pictures! Typical!

We stopped to have a good look and Sophie saw the little Burmese cat that is often over the fields, so she was delighted as we haven't seen him for a while. As we were talking to him, the balloon floated slowly over us and back the way we'd come so instead of walking through the busy village we returned home over the fields.

By now the clouds had cleared and the sun had come out, bathing all the fields and the balloon in a beautiful warm golden light. The bright red (Virgin) balloon dominated the horizon, its huge shadow falling across the green fields and I could have kicked myself for not bringing my camera! Oh well! I'll just have to hope that we see it again!

As we ambled home I had hopes of it coming down near to us, but it rose higher in the air and then gradually disappeared. Lucky people having such a gorgeous evening for their flight.

Back home Keith and I relaxed in the conservatory and admired the pinky sunset...what a lovely end to a dull, grey day!

No comments: