Saturday 1 October 2011

Hot, hot, hot!

It seems incredible that as I was raking up fallen Autumn leaves I was dripping with sweat in temperatures of almost 30 degrees centigrade! I think today will go down in history as one of the hottest days in October! Keith and I spent the morning tidying up the garden and throwing out some of our summer bedding plants. A lot of my geraniums are still fine, though, so I gave them a good watering and left them to continue flowering. At this rate they'll still be in bloom for Halloween!

In the afternoon mum, Sophie and I went off to Market Harborough for a little shopping and coffee and cake in Caffe Nero. Everybody was dressed in skimpy summer clothes and it was very pleasant wandering around the shops in the sunshine. The weird thing was that there were stacks of winter clothes for sale, not something I could bring myself to look at with the high temperatures outside!

Back home, Keith and I sat out in the garden and then lit our barbecue. I don't ever recall barbecuing in October before but we had a lovely evening cooking and then sitting out afterwards until it became cooler. It's getting dark at around 7pm at the moment so I lit some lanterns to hang in the trees, the first time I've done that since last summer!

No comments: