I knuckled down and did as many courses as I could, so at least I've made inroads into them! Most of them were common sense, and the health and safety one was something I used to deal with when we ran our own business. I suppose the courses are aimed at young people starting work!
Keith offered to come to the surgery with me, which I appreciated. I was very anxious about the mole, and Sophie had wanted me to go after worrying about it for ages. I was seeing the lovely doctor I'd seen before, and he took a good look at the mole, which is on my left shoulder and under where my bra strap lies. He was able to put my mind at rest immediately, saying it was some kind of sebaceous wart (it would be, wouldn't it? So sexy...) and that it was common in people over 40. It was completely benign and nothing to worry about, but if it ever became a problem, one of the specialist doctors at the surgery could whip it off.
I felt a huge sense of relief, and then he went through the details of my abdominal scan on Saturday, which showed no problems at all with all my internal organs. Phew! This has been a year of poking, prodding and pricking, and I hope that I can stay away from the surgery for a while now, although I had to book a blood test in August to see how my liver is doing after my indulgences!
Keith suggested a drink at the village pub, and I readily agreed. I stuck to Guinness Zero, and we sat in the window and chatted. The pub was very quiet, and it was a lovely hour of relaxation. Maybe we should do this every Wednesday!
Back home, I pootled about, did another online course and tried to stay cool. The weather has been hot, dry and sunny again, but it's supposed to get a little cooler over the next few days.
Sophie cooked a delicious nachos and chicken dish, and Keith and I watched two episodes of Best Medicine after we'd eaten. In the second episode, Martin Clunes made an appearance as Doctor Best's father, with a silly American accent. I felt a bit confused, to be honest! Why wasn't he with Louisa?!
No comments:
Post a Comment