It was lovely to pootle about for the rest of the morning, and I went to see my Mum in the afternoon. As soon as I walked into her room, I knew she wasn't feeling well, and I had a miserable visit, with her in tears several times. The sad thing is that today would have been Mum and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary, and she welled up when I told her. One of the carers came in and said she hadn't had a good couple of days, so I said I'd see someone about a urine sample as she may have an infection.
I went home feeling a bit miserable and started the dinner which we should have had last night. Sophie was delighted when she arrived home and saw that it was all done! All we needed to do was cook the rice, and that was it!
I carried on watching the Tour de France after dinner; the route ended in Chalon-sur-SaƓne, where we'd stayed a couple of years ago, and I wanted to see if the route passed through the Burgundy vineyards. It made a very pleasant end to the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment